How Much Cardio Should You Do To Lose Weight

group of young people running on treadmill in gym

A lot of us put forth extra effort in exercises to lose weight and while an active lifestyle means a healthy and fit body we need to be mindful of the amount of stress we make our body go through. It is unwise to strain our muscles and push our limits to achieve weight loss. What’s important before starting on an exercise regime is to determine how much cardio you should do to lose weight.

As a general rule 75% of the weight loss should come from diet restrictions and monitoring calorie intake while the rest 25% should come from exercise. Cardio exercises are aimed at putting stress on your heart to get the blood pumping and this stress in turn helps us lose weight.

There are a variety of cardio exercises you can do on a regular basis depending on preference and availability. For some walking or jogging on a track for an hour each day feels more natural and some might think of 20 minutes of swimming as the best option. You can alternate between cardio exercises as the body rarely feels any significance of the choice but the benefits are primarily the same.

cardio to lose weight 2

However, there needs to be a solid check on how much cardio you are doing. If you are over-exerting it might put your body under a lot of stress and once that happens you not only lose fat but precious mass too.

When most of us think to lose weight we believe that all the weight lot will be fat without much consideration to the muscle composition in our body. Exercising, especially cardio leads to creating a calorie deficit in our body and once our body has broken down the extra fat to utilize as fuel it starts breaking down mass. This is not the right way to go about things.

For starters be it biking, climbing, running or sports pick up a cardio exercise that is complementary to your lifestyle so you can manage it properly. As eating less, exercising less and eating more, exercising more both give the same results focus on your dietary plans and align them with your eight loss goal so that you have to do the least amount of cardio.

It is definitely easier to avoid a bag of chips than running an extra mile.

While treadmills are a great way to lose weight they don’t do much by the way of building muscle. It is preferable to focus on strength training simultaneously when focusing on weight loss because you should be able to lower the scales and build muscle at the same time. Most diet plans recommend protein intake so that our body retains its muscular strength and it is the same with exercise regimes.It does not say that regular cardio would not suit you but in the long run you need to mix in both to achieve complete fitness and health.

You can easily achieve your weight and body goals by grasping the concept of restricted diet with an ideal, long-term and effective cardio routine that burns calories and builds muscle to reap the benefits at the end of the day.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *